Saturday, April 5, 2008

What is old is new again.

With Tonton Rosquetta and Raphy Sescon, session players along with Joshua Manguiran (not in photo)

So I have finally found a way to make things work again. After a few days of incessant thinking and planning... i finally found my way back into how things would get going. I wouldn't have been pressured to think about how I would be able to get our songs back to the live audience again if it wasn't for those who all of a sudden wanted to book us for a gig. The past few months have been very lean months so i never expected a call from anyone inquiring about our availability. There were already previous bookings that I was considering of cancelling, but then a DJ friend called me up about a Christian concert that their radio station would be hosting. I cannot say no to these types of events. So I decided to call Thrina and plan things out with her. And this would be our new setup...

We would be hiring sessionists to fill in the band everytime there would be invitations and bookings for live gigs. Right now I would be hiring some familiar faces as well as new faces to fill in the band. I would no longer grant permanent status until such time I would be able to see their commitment, dedication, sincerity, and loyalty to the mission and vision of Thoughts And Notions. Moving forward, Thoughts And Notions would be looking back at it's history, to the time when we formally decided to start this project... looking deep in our hearts and acknowledging God's immense love for us and what we wanna do about it. This is our story to share, what is old is new again.  


                                             "The Vocalist and the Lyricist circa 2004"

I'm posting a very2x old recording of the first song that I have ever written for Thoughts And Notions. This is also the first recording that we ever did. I call this song Savior (stripped down version) because this is still half finished, but it gives you a very raw feel of the song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment