Saturday, June 7, 2008

Songwriting Rut!

Whew! I'm in a Songwriting Rut! I can't seem to write new materials for the new album. I've been browsing through some old lyrics that I made and somehow I'm not satisfied with what i'm reading. I am preparing myself to write new songs again, but... I can't seem to find a cohesive thought that would guide me in the songwriting process. My mind has been preoccupied with a lot of things and I can't find time wherein I could just sit in front of my PC and type those keys away. There's a lot of things that I've been wanting to do but it seems like all the time in the world is not enough. So I'll just have to choose my projects carefully. There are two upcoming albums that we hope to finish within the year, well, I think even one would do. There's also this project that I'm planning with a couple of Christian bands based in Manila where we would be releasing a compilation album composed of different Christian bands from all over the country. A very daunting task if I might add. Our vision for this project is to unify the different Christian bands here in our country and form a collective voice where we could share God's love through music. And then there is also this goal of mine to start a new production group that would specialize on sharing positive and inspirational music. So how can I write new songs when my mind is preoccupied with these things?

Well I guess my best response for that would be... In God's time, everything will fall into it's proper places. And that's the reason why I decided to accept the role of assistant Spiritual formation head in our church when it was offered to me. I think the timing of this ministry is just right. When I wrote the songs in our first album (by the way it's still available at House of Praise, SM Record Bars, and Odyssey Nationwide..shameless plugging! hehehe), I had just relinquished the role of Spiritual formation head in our Church's youth group. I guess being still very much attached with a working ministry helped me write those songs. But I've been concentrating on this music ministry lately, and somehow I'm beginning to feel weary and tired. I believe it's about time to rejuvenate myself and try to find God's voice amidst all these noise. Find silence in him and hear him speak. I can't write a good song without God's guidance. 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. u have good songs sir/ma'am (hehehe xori i don't know who's writing this blog).. so don't worry about them good songs it'll come..God will make it come

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bro! Jasper here, kagrounder tayo. If your basing your comment sa first album namin, possibly good songs siya kasi inspired na inspired ako magsulat that time kasi walang pressure. But ngayon after the first one, na fefeel ko yung pressure kaya medyo nahihirapan hehe. salamat sa comments. sana you could check out our album =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe no prob sir jasper..well don't think of the pressure much..i think you do best when ur relaxed..u make great songs kht anu un we'll like it..i wud man

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wag mo na akong tawaging sir, di naman ako katulad nina sir mark or rico hehehe. basta we would like to keep on inspiring people with our songs. kaya we need to write really good songs. the moment wala ng maiinspire sa songs namin, that would be the time to retire hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehehe...what would i call you then? mr. jasper? hehehe anyways could check out our sounds..nasa review q xa..it's some songs we've worked on gusto lng nmn mlaman if there's something wrong with our songs or some other stuff check out nio n lng po tnx

    ReplyDelete