Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Tabularaza Music Video launch guesting

Just a few hours after the band's Album Tour at Lim Ket Kai Mall, the band was off to perform as guests in a private Music Video Launching of Tabularaza's carrier single of their 2006 sophomore album Shewowah. The band played with a laid back set, opting for a semi-acoustic set just to change things up.  The band's cover version (with John on Vocals) of Madonna's song Crazy for you drew loud cheers from the audience. Of course, original songs by the band like Earthbound Angel, My Love Song, and My Journey Ends were also featured in their acoustic debut. It was a good change of pace as the band just came from a grueling and highly charged mall show. It was the first time the band ever performed at such an intimate event and it's in large part to Tabularaza's unwavering support for fellow CDO Bands who are just starting out. We were also joined by Fayeed Tan that evening as he was the other guest performer for the night before Tabularaza took the stage to premier their music video as well as put on a show to rock the evening out.      

Iking Raneses is the rightmost guy on the photo

On a personal note, let me share this personal story with how I met Enrique "Iking" Raneses, Tabularaza's main man, singer/songwriter extraordinaire. Long before I came to personally know Iking Raneses, I was already a huge fan of his music. I've seen Tabularaza perform in past gigs and I was always caught mesmerized by the tight quality of their performances and their edgy Alternative Rock songs. In fact, I always thought that they were a band from Manila or nearby Cebu. So as I was frequenting the usual record bars in Cagayan de Oro (Maan Video and Sounds to be more specific), I came across a Tabularaza CD being sold. Being familiar with the band and its songs, I did not hesitate to purchase a copy and popped it in my CD player. And true to my expectations, the album did not disappoint. Specially that haunting ballad ASK, which remains to be my all time favorite Tabularaza song. But what caught me most by surprise was when I found out that they were actually from Cagayan de Oro City. So I sent the band an E-Mail that I found in their CD Inlays and introduced myself (and the band) as well as commending the band for their brilliant tunes. This was my initial contact with Iking. And when Iking knew about our band, he did not hesitate to invite us as guests to their Music Video Launch. That's typical Iking for you, always had the knack to readily support Indie bands in Cagayan de Oro who is awaiting that break to be discovered. But that's just one part of it. Because not only does he have that passion to support CDO bands, he's also active in promoting the city of Cagayan de Oro as a whole. And there's no greater evidence than that but the Music Video of Shewowah itself. Check out the video below as the opening scenes itself pans to the City of Golden Friendship, Cagayan de Oro! In fact, the music video itself was shot entirely in Cagayan de Oro City. The first CDO band to do so!

Through the years, the band had played alongside Tabularaza in various shows in Cagayan de Oro. And it all culminated on our sophomore album's launching when we returned the favor and had Tabularaza as guests. And it all began on that night when Tabularaza proudly presented their Music Video which started their own series of bar tours from across the country in performing their songs to a larger audience. To this day, Tabularaza remains one of the most active CDO bands right before the Pandemic Hit. And I'm sure they can't wait for the day when eveything goes back to normal and they can strum their guitars, beat their drums, and sing their songs to a live audience again. But then let us all not despair. Because all of Tabularaza's songs have been immortalized through various Digital Music Streaming Apps. And as a treat to my readers, I'm attaching the Spotify link to their sophomore album Shewowah so that you can listen all of it in its full glory. This music player will just be 30 second samplers but click on the Spotify icon on the top right corner and it should lead you to the in-app Spotify player for this album. And while you are at it, browse through Tabularaza's entire song catalogue to discover more of their music. I promise you, it will not disappoint. Tabularaza is one of the most finest bands Cagayan de Oro has ever produced. In fact, we are so not worthy in sharing the stage with them. And I'm saying it with all honesty. But with Iking, everyone deserves a shot. And we are truly blessed to have shared the stage with one of the greatest CDO bands ever!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment