Sunday, April 3, 2022

Beloved Savior makes it to Spotify's New Music Friday Philippines Playlist!


Last March 24, I received a text message from our Digital Music Distributor. It was a message of congratulations. Bearing news that our hand picked carrier single for our second album's digital music release have been added to the much coveted Spotify's New Music Friday Philippines playlist. I was pretty much in shock and surprised that the song Beloved Savior made it. This was the fourth time that we pitched a song for the playlist's inclusion and the previous three tries did not make it. So I didn't expect for any of our songs to make it there. I did my research and I found out that most songs that makes it to the playlist were songs that were backed by huge Record Labels. And mostly, what is being featured are mainstream and secular Pop songs by mainstream artists. So landing on the playlist was some sort of a miracle for us. To which I believe that it was by God's design. Because weeks before the album's release, I was already planning to release a song that would be relevant for the Lenten Season. I wanted to remind people in whatever way that I can of God's presence in their lives. And as an independent Christian Contemporary Band, it would be undoubtedly hard to be able to share our songs to an audience most specially that our long hiatus made us lose most of our listeners back in the day. Just a day before the album was released, I even talked about how I was hoping that we could find new listeners and followers now that we are releasing our songs online. So it was like God heard my prayer about having an audience to listen to our songs again.

The original Lyric Card and Sticker that was packaged with our Second Album's CD Release

Beloved Savior was actually a song that I did not wrote. It was written by our drummer, Adonis Berongoy, long before he joined our band. As part of their Church's Music Ministry, he composed an original song and sang it in his Church. Recording it was not even part of the plan. But when Adonis joined the band and as we were finalizing the song line up for the second album, he contributed the song to us. As the Chief Lyricist of Thoughts And Notions, I was always adamant that our album should have at least one Praise and Worship track. And in the process of finalizing the songs for the second album, I told the band that they should also contribute songs for the album as I wanted to showcase their songwriting talents too. And Beloved Savior was a perfect Praise and Worship track for the album. Wilbert was also very instrumental in contributing to the final sound of the song. As the stripped down acoustic composition of Adonis was further enhanced by Wilbert's additional work in giving the song its final sound. Even back in the day, we always valued the song. In fact, when we previously released the album in CD format, we included a pocket sized lyric card that printed the lyrics of the song. The idea was that for those who were able to purchase the album, it would be easier for them to bring the lyric card with them and used it as something like a prayer card that they could put in their pocket and carry along. We wanted Beloved Savior to be more than just a song. But a Praise and Worship prayer too. Or a Love Letter to God. That one can read/use to honor God on a day to day basis. So when I asked Thrina which song should be the carrier single for the second album's digital music release, her handpicked choice was Beloved Savior.


Getting on the playlist was a huge opportunity for us to be discovered by more listeners as our listener base jumped from 800 plus to 2,000 plus listeners the moment the song made it to the playlist. It was like an answered prayer to the things that I was wondering just a day before the album's release. It also heartened me when I saw a sharp increase of people saving and putting our songs on their personal playlists during the time the song was put on the New Music Friday Philippines playlist. I really appreciated it that the song was making a dent in one way or another as the Lenten Season was in full swing. So it was really some sort of a divine intervention for God to work his wonders again. I mean, from the moment I decided to revive Thoughts And Notions on the digital music space, I offered everything to God and just stayed faithful to the mission and vision that I made for the band. And that is to share God's Amazing Love and help uplift wounded souls in need of God's grace and healing. That remained true now as it remained true back then. God is in complete command in everything that I do for Thoughts And Notions. And I always ask for his discernment in every step that I take this time around. 

The Text Message that I received from our Digital Distributor

After a week, Beloved Savior disappeared on the playlist. As New Music Friday Philippines is updated every Fridays weekly. So what's next? Spotify usually adds some of the well engaged (streamed/saved/playlisted) songs to their other genre specific Editorial Playlists. Right now, I don't know if the song would be placed in another Editorial Playlist. Will I receive another text message form our Digital Distributor? But either way, it served its purpose. I would want it to reach more listeners. But like always, I trust God to take control of our songs and use it according to his wishes. I'm just so thankful and blessed that from March 24 to March 31, he was able to use it to touch the hearts of the listeners of the New Music Friday Philippines Playlist. What comes next will all be up to him. And like what I always say, even if we don't reach One Million Listeners, as long as our song was able to touch that one lost soul and bring that someone back to God, then everything was well worth it. 

Beloved Savior appeared at Number 76

You can still stream/listen to our entire album by accessing these links below. And, if you could save our songs and add it to your playlists and share it too. We'd really appreciate it if you could be part of our mission to share God's Love through our songs. Maybe we can reach that one person in need of God's Love 😇

Spotify:
    

Youtube:


As always, to God's Greater Glory!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment