Monday, October 3, 2022

We've finally breached 500K Streams on Spotify!


About this month last year, we started our Digital Music Journey. Thanks to Mark Escueta of Rivermaya, he was very instrumental in encouraging me to re-start my songwriting hobby. He basically paved the way for me to pursue this once lost passion of mine. Who would have thought that one of the members of your all-time favorite OPM band would also be the one who would encourage you to pursue music. It is not a privilege that a lot of struggling musicians have. So I’ve decided to pay it forward. And Ralf Gonzales’ patience to guide me has also been instrumental in the initial steps to find a home and a trusted Digital Music Partner. To be given this much trust and confidence to have a 3-year contract with my Digital Music Distributor is also an added fuel for me to make use of the 3-year period in the best possible way that I could. 

When I began my Digital Music Journey, the road ahead looked very daunting. The initial question was, “How can I reach 1,000 listeners/streams?” But then Nilo Quitoriano of Southrace (one of CDO’s veteran Legendary Rock Bands), reached out to me and volunteered to learn this Digital Music Journey with me. And we had a lot of sacrifices as well as research to get to know how this thing works. Not to count the Missteps along the way until we finally figured it out. Oh not to mention John Paul Gallego Derequito of Eggmen Productions and Bloodflowers Band (vote for them in the current PMPC Star Awards), who paved the way to bring our songs truly global. We understood that with Digital Music, there are no more boundaries. You have a world out there waiting for your song to be discovered.

Fast forward to today, in one year’s time (less than a few days to a year to be exact), we’ve finally made it to half a million streams. I know this is not much. As big time artists can easily make it in less than a day. But for some Indie Band from a small city in Mindanao, this is an accomplishment that we are truly proud of. Specially with the thought that we’ve been out of the music scene for more than 10 years. The comeback and the rebirth in the digital music space has been a liberating experience for us. Because right now, the world is our audience. And the quest to connect to the right audience has been the key goal now. Music is now free to listen to. All you need is an internet connection and you are set to go. Though that doesn't mean that we are forgetting our roots. Of course to be recognized and acknowledged in your home country is also one of the things that we are working on. But it won't be that easy specially if you don't have the budget for marketing. But hey, it didn't stop us before. So we'll just have to grind it out again.

I am forever grateful to the people who had continued to join this cause with me from the beginning. Wilbert Raagas Tan, the musical force behind my songs. Thrina Dimaano Escaño, the voice that breathed life to our songs. To the various musicians that joined our cause in the past. Special mention to Adonis Donshox Gomez Berongoy, John Erickson Gloria, Doris Isador Cadayuna Bangot, who were the last incarnation of the band before we went on a long hiatus and key contributors to our second album. Of course, John Fernandez, Tim Andrew Marquez, Alvin Carreon, Nelson Jr Dychauco. They were the first reincarnation of the band that brought our songs live. Our recent collaborators, Kai Huyno and Jhapoy Perez, it was a pleasure to work with them, breathing new life to our songs. Lester, Hazel M. Lim, and Chevy Lim should also be mentioned for providing me a huge assist in some of our album artwork as well as album cover model. Chevy has been the lucky Charm as this kid is a proven winner (She's a Top Ranked Archer for our country in her age group in case you don't know). And no wonder our song Runaway Angel has been the Runaway most streamed song so far in our catalogue. And to everyone who continues to support us by listening to our songs. There are just so much of you. Approximately 10k as per Spotify😅

We are just getting started. And I can’t wait to meet new people in this journey. And hopefully to encourage them to join me in my cause. The goal to uplift wounded souls by introducing God in their life through the songs that we are writing. Rooted on our faith stories. And testimonies. I know with our current setup that I'll be meeting more artists that we can collaborate with. Thoughts And Notions is just getting bigger. It is no longer a band. For something that started as a Church Fund Raising project. It has transformed to something bigger. And I know these all would not have been possible if it did not have God's blessing and direction. So I'll just have to continue trudging that path. And let him lead me to where our songs would take us.

Here's to the road to a million streams!

Spotify link to our growing music catalogue:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6i9X1vKsBAUjGqFPmRWXgy...


No comments:

Post a Comment