Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thoughts And Notions guesting at Killer Bee Indie Top 20 Countdown.

We guested last night at 89.3 Killer Bee Indie Top 20 countdown and we had so much fun. It was a very good opportunity for us to share our music. Curious listeners were texting and calling the station to inquire about the band. But I couldn't even be more happier than being allowed to finally share the main story of how our album came to be, or what the songs were all about. In previous radio guestings, I always sat at the sidelines and allow the band to do the talking and limit myself into butting in to add some more stories to share. But last night I personally took the liberties to jumpstart the conversation (which I guess kinda scared the show's host, Geo, because the conversations might come out as too serious hehe). Of course, we don't want to bore our radio listeners by turning out to be too serious in the whole duration of the interview (though sometimes I couldn't help it hehe). I went to the station along with Thrina, Alvin, and Erikson (both would be doing session work for an upcoming gig), and I guess we were able to aptly divide the topics. Serious stuffs were on me, while the perky stuffs was on them.

So what were the topics that we touched on? Listeners were curious about the band's songs, if it's in a way inviting the listeners to become Christians. My answer for this was NO. I explained that we don't intend to sound preachy in our songs, but our songs is a way of expressing or sharing our faith. Or to be correct, our walk in our faith. It's basically our experiences as Christians. How we struggled in our faith, how we triumphed over the trials, and of course how we are thankful for God's Love. You can compare it to just like a songwriter writing a love song. I'm sure he wrote that particular love song with no intention of making the listeners fall in love, but rather he wrote that song as a way of expressing his thoughts or feelings about love. We are also trying to find a connection with the listeners who could in a way relate to the songs and hopefully be more appreciative of the life that was given to them.

Callers were also asking about our influences if we knew about other Christian artists. And yeah, Jars of Clay and Sixpence None the Richer are our big influences. And I also made mention about Megan and her band Paid. I was also surprised to know that there was a caller who was from Metro Manila inquiring about the band's availability for a Metro Manila gig. I didn't know that there were listeners tuning in as far as Metro Manila. We also took the occasion to launch our new single, My Journey Ends, an acoustic tinged track that we hope people would support and vote for. Geo also told us that our song, Brand New Day, debuted at no. 19 during the shows pilot run (but unfortunately it fell off the countdown hehe). I was kinda surprised that people were still voting for the song and I'm thankful that they supported it. So we are asking everyone to take time to vote for our songs to be included in the top 20 countdown. You can vote My Love Song, Earthbound Angel, Brand New Day, and My Journey Ends (let's focus on My Journey Ends).

All in all, I was quite satisfied with how the interview went. I'm hoping that through the interview, I was able to share more about the band and it's core values. And that I was able to dislodge from the listeners' minds that Christian Music equals boring music. And of course, the most important thing, God's love. I guess Megan and Paid can back us up during their own guesting happening on April 28, 2008.

It's going to be a very busy week for us. We will be having gigs this weekend and I'll be posting more about it in my next posts. For those of you who stayed up late and joined us on the show, my heartfelt thanks to all of you. Let's continue supporting local CDO Music.

         

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear this news, jasp! Keep on moving on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats :) nice daw kag voice ingon sa aqng friend. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ngee! how did he/she knows it was me? basin si Geo to hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ambot niya. haha :) basta kai nice. idk pd which of you is she referring to pd. haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait. hehe :) c ate kat ni? bwahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ay mao d.i hahahahaha :) galibog pd ta kinsay gagamit. hehe :)

    Ei. kit-an tamo niha sa pudtrip. haha :P la lang :)

    ReplyDelete