Monday, July 13, 2009

Album Launch/Giving Back

I'm all pumped up and excited for our band's Album Launching this coming July 15, 2009 at Daru Bar, Buena Oro, Cagayan de oro City. I think we have never organized something like this in this kind of magnitude before. And personally, I see it as a great opportunity for me to finally give back to all of those who have supported our music all these years. This ain't just your any ordinary album launching. We are preparing this with all our hearts, sweat, and tears. We are coming up with a program that not only would entertain you with our music, but also with guest participations of two of Cagayan de Oro's biggest bands to date, Tabularaza and Southrace. We would also serve food and beverages free of charge to our guests. All you need to do is to buy a copy of our album at Musicvision or at Coffeeworks and present it at the entrance of the venue for easy access. We guarantee you that everyone will be having a blast on this particular night as we've prepared as much as 30 songs for the entire evening. We really do hope to see you there. This is our way of thanking all of you guys for giving your support and inspiring us to continue writing the kind of songs that Thoughts And Notions have been known for.

With that said, it's time for me to post my personal sentiments. This event could very well be my last public appearance with the band. With the wedding preparations coming in full swing, I guess it's time for me to finally lay low and allow the band to grow without my guiding influence. This July 15 event is a very important event for me. There's too much words, or definitions to call this event. Album Launch, Post Birthday celebration (Thrina and Me share the same bdays on July 13), and Thanksgiving party. But for me, it's simply my farewell party. In the coming months, my focus would be my upcoming Wedding. There's too much things to be done, tasks to accomplish, and not to mention adjustments to be made. And after the Wedding? I guess i'll be making major adjustments that would leave me no spare time to do some things that I used to do. For the past 5 years of my life, my band and my music has been the most significant thing that ever happened to me. I've nurtured it and built it from scratch to achieve whatever achievements that we were able to accomplish. Of course we may not have reached the level of popularity that other bands have accomplished by appearing in national TVs, Wowowees, the SOPs, ASAPs and all or even embarking on a nationwide tour. But for what we are, a Christian Band, the Christian Music scene has been a work in progress. And I would like to believe that we did our part in pushing for the Christian Music scene to be accepted in the mainstream market.

I believe my work with the band and the vision that I seek to achieve with our music is far from being done. There are still some things that I should be working on. A lot of projects that would link me up with other Pinoy Christian bands as we try to push forward the Christian music scene in our country together. Contracts to be signed for our new album's national release (which I should have been working on because the Record Company who is interested to distribute our album is only waiting for me). In other words, the 5 years of constantly immersing myself in the music industry has left me with so many doors and opportunities to pursue. And it might all come to a pause. True, there are times that I question myself if all of these has just been a waste of time. And I believe that this is true if we would base our answers on the financial rewards. But if we would base our answers on the countless of emails that I received from all over the country from people that I haven't met, telling us that our songs has touched them and inspired them in some way, I could say that this has been a worthwhile experience. Throughout the whole time that I was with the band. I never held any money. Whatever money I received, I gave it back to the band. If this was purely a business thing, then I would have closed shop years ago. The least that I would want to happen is that our earnings would be able to pay the band expenses. That is something that I really hope and pray for in order for the band to survive. Specially now that I would be detached from the band.

But enough of that. Before we start dwelling on the future, let us take this moment to enjoy the upcoming July 15 event. I rarely go up the stage to share our story, but for this event, I'm willing to give it one last shot. This could very well be my swan song. What the future holds for the band without me, that I don't know. But I would like to believe that I was able to instill in Thrina, Doris, Erickson, and Adonis all of the characteristics that Thoughts And Notions should have. What traits that they should posses in order for them to achieve the band's mission and vision. And as always, I take a bow at our one true band manager, our savior Jesus Christ. He will take this band even further than where I took them if he so wills it.

Come July 15, 2009 at Daru Bar, Buena Oro, Cagayan de Oro City, we are giving back the love and support that you guys have give us. We truly hope to see you there.

P.S.
My run with Thoughts And Notions consists of 2 albums containing a grand total of 22 songs. The track listing and songwriting credits of the songs are as follows:












In Awe of His Amazing Love (Released in 2005 Independently, In 2006 with Praise Music)

1. My Love Song (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
2.Savior (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
3.Earthbound Angel (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
4.A Love So Real (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
5.Strength I Need (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
6.Healer (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
7.Repentance (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
8.Defender (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
9.Brand New Day (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
10.My Journey Ends (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan, Thrina Dimaano)













Thoughts And Notions (Self-titled sophomore album, Released in 2009 Independently, Nationwide Release-Upcoming)

1.Arise (Jasper Tan, Adonis Berongoy)
2.Runaway Angel (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
3.When (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
4.Cloudy Day (Adonis Berongoy, Erickson Gloria)
5.Like A Child (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
6.Beloved Savior (Adonis Berongoy)
7.A Promise (Wilbert Tan)
8.Safer In My Heart (Jasper Tan, Adonis Berongoy)
9.Like Heaven (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
10.Stronger, Higher, Further (Jasper Tan, Thoughts And Notions)
11.Pagsapit ng Panahon (Jasper Tan, Wilbert Tan)
12.Kevin Sardines Theme (Adonis Berongoy)



No comments:

Post a Comment