Thursday, November 25, 2021

Our second live gig: Love Radio Movie at the Park

With the disastrous debut live performance behind us (see last post), we were on the look out for our next live performance and we were fortunate enough to have been invited to guest in a Love Radio event in Cagayan de Oro. This was through the efforts of Brother Bong Bass, resident Love Radio Cagayan de Oro DJ. We also tagged along Alex Ramirez and Jessie Huyno's band to join us on stage for the live performance. Dubbed as Love Radio Movie at the Park, the radio station incidentally held a film showing of the movie Passion of the Christ. The movie back then was a controversial topic among Christians because of the excessive violence and bloody depiction of the brutality of the Romans on Jesus Christ's suffering and crucifixion. But personally, I found the movie so visually shocking to the point that one of the songs I wrote in our debut album was actually inspired by this move. The song is titled REPENTANCE and it was written in a way where I imagined and put my presence on that actual event and bore witness to Jesus' sufferings. When I wrote the song back then, I had a tinged of anger after the realizations I went through from watching the movie. To this day, lyrically, this is one of the most important lyrics that I have ever made because it in a way was my tacit acceptance of the sinful life that I had taken part of and also as an act of surrendering my life to Jesus Christ written in lyric form, that eventually became a song through Wilbert's music and Thrina's vocals. The song also strongly suggests that Jesus' sacrifice to save us from our sins should lead us to repent and change our ways. Specially if we come to appreciate what Jesus did for us..... at the cost of his life.

As for the event, this performance served us our final tune up before our album launching. And unlike our debut performance that ended in disaster, this time the band had better control on stage and the performance went smoothly and better than expected. This was during the early part of our singing careers and we were all so eager and enthusiastic to bring our songs to a live audience. So we opened the event by singing original songs from our debut album as well as doing covers of Hillsong and Jars of Clay songs. I'll end this post with the link to the song for you to listen and some more photos from the event that I managed to dig up from my old e-mails plus the invitation letter sent out to us. 

You can check the song in our Spotify and YouTube Music link below:

SPOTIFY Link:   

YouTube-Music Link:

And here's the Lyrics I wrote inspired by the movie:

Repentance

I looked at your bloodied face

And I was caught so amazed

How you did all these things for me

Even though I didn’t come and ask

For you laid down your life

And you breathe your one last breath


It took me quite a while

To realize how wrong I was

How I sinned to you the most

As I see you nailed to the cross

Cause I have finally seen the light

When you breathe your one last breath


God how I’ve been such a fool

To let myself drown into sin

You save me from my sinfulness

For all that I have done

Your blood is now in my own hands

Cleansed by your undying love

I turned away from sinfulness

Now this life is for you to have

 

You laid down your life for us

Showed us your love will forever last

We’ll offer this life for you

And follow you through and through




Thrina Dimaano on Vocals

John Fernansez vocals/guitars

Alvin Carreon on Bass Guitars

Tim Marquez on Lead Guitars

Nelson Dychauco Jr. on Drums


The actual letter of invitation:


March 8, 2006
 
Mr. Jasper Tan
Manager
Thoughts And Notions
 
Dear Mr. Tan:
 
Greetings!
 
96.9 Love Radio of the Manila Broadcasting Company is coming up with a lenten event "Movie @ the Park" on April 08, 2006, 6:00pm at the Community Amphi Theater, Divisoria, Cagayan de Oro City.
 
This free public movie showing features phenomenal film, "The Passion of the Christ" from academy award winning director Mel Gibson.
 
In the connection, we would like to request your band, "Thoughts And Notions" to be the front act before and after the film showing.
(Out Door Sound System to be provided by: St. Benedict Lights & Sounds)
 
As our gesture, by participating in our event. We at 96.9 Love Radio offers you a media mileage as follows:
 
- Full blast playing at 96.9 love Radio of your carrier single "My Love Song"
- 12 x merchandising plugs as part of the event over at 96.9 Love Radio per day daily
- local newpaper ads at Goldstar Daily, Sunstar, & Real Review
- 15 x ad at Parasat cable TV, Ch. 24
- Thoughts And notions will be included in our Posters and Streamers
- Album plugging at the community Amphi theater during the event, using the high-end LCD projector 10.5 x 14 ft. rear projection of strz, and 6x6 of STI college
- Album Selling (if Available)
 
Should there be questions or clarifications to the above, please let me know. i can be reached at tel nos.---------- 
 
We look forward to your favorable response on this matter.
 
Very truly yours,
 
Gene "Brother Bong" R. Bass (sgd.)
Discjockey/account executive
 
Noted by:
 
Ramil T. Malinao (Sgd.)
Operations Head

 

No comments:

Post a Comment