Monday, August 18, 2008

Off to the studio...

We have finally found time to record some new materials for the next albums. Yup, you read it right, ALBUMS. We've got two albums in the work simultaneously. First one is a concept album, I would like to call it as a 2 in 1 E.P. album. It's 2 in 1 because the album will be composed of 6 songs from us and another 6 songs from Nobelista Pasta plus a couple of bonus tracks. We always considered Nobelista Pasta as a some sort of a brother band because some of their band members also plays for us ocassionaly. This album is a collaborated effort and our way of supporting Nobelista Pasta who by the way was one of the national finalists in last year's Nescafe Soundskool.

The second upcoming album will be our follow up to our debut album. Wilbert Tan (the third man in the Thoughts And Notions triumative), who has been very busy with his other bands lately, has finally found time to work on our follow up album. I've already submitted my songs to him and we are all set to record everything. I am very anxious and at the same time excited to listen to the finish products because i've been listening to the rough demos of the songs for quite sometime already and I could say that each one of us has indeed matured in our own ways. No doubt, Wilbert's Manila experience has given him more varied musical influences while Thrina's experience in live gigs has brought new dimensions to her vocal deliveries. My songwriting on the other hand.... well, let's just say that i'm beating myself too much to come up with a much improved and better materials, hoping i could top the songs that I wrote in the previous album, which i find myself too tough to top.   

I am really looking forward in releasing both of these albums since it has already been 3 years since we last released an album. I feel that in 3 years time, we have already improved a lot. You can check our previous blog post called Thoughts And Notions: The Demos (2005-2008) for an idea of what songs would be included on the album as well as a sneak preview of the songs through audio streaming at the end of the blog post. Drop us some comments =)        

1 comment: